Nick Verreos Pays a Special Visit to FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising San Diego's Fall 2010 Open House!


San Diego Fashionistas...
San Diego Posing: Nick Verreos at FIDM San Diego Open House

A couple of weekends back, I drove down to San Diego to make a "Spacial Appearance" at the San Diego Campus of the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising/FIDM. I am an Instructor at FIDM, as you may know, as well as the Official Spokesperson for the last several years. It is always a joy to visit all the different campuses of the College and get to know prospective students , their parents, as well as high school students thinking about attending FIDM and beginning their studies--and eventual careers--in fashion.

I have been to the gorgeous San Diego Campus before--for its Grand Re-Opening two years ago, as well as other functions. This time, I was there for the Fall 2010 Open House. The Open House is a chance for students thinking about going to FIDM, to tour the school, meet alumni and advisers, and get information about all that FIDM has to offer.

Petco View: Nick Verreos (from a previous FIDM San Diego Appearance) and the View of Petco Park, FIDM San Diego Campus

I just love the new San Diego Campus: It's located in Downtown, just off the very hip Gaslamp Quarter and next to the immense Petco Park. The view from the College's balcony is INCREDIBLE!!! The space is designed by Architect Clive Wilkenson and showcases a Loft-like modern feel that mirrors what a Design School should look like!

A highlight for me is the FIDM San Diego Library/Resource Center (see photo above). I especially love it's Magazine Section (I wish my coffee table looked like that!).

Barbie On Top: Nick Verreos Barbie, FIDM San Diego Library

And they even have one of my Barbie's (see above photo). Yes, the one I designed for the "My Scene Barbie Project Runway Challenge" back in my Season (2) and was sold exclusively at Toys "R" Us for a very limited amount of time.

For FIDM San Diego's Fall Open House, I was invited to give a "pep talk" lecture to the students--and their parents--and I stuck around afterward to pose for photos, sign bags (provided by FIDM!) and even drawing some original fashion illustrations on their bags!

Fashion Illustration 101: Nick Verreos draws a fashion croquis on a student's bag, FIDM San Diego Fall 2010 Open House

The room was PACKED and they even had to bring in extra chairs I heard! I brought along a slide-show of my latest Spring 2011 NIKOLAKI Collection, as well as images of celebs wearing my gowns on the Red Carpet, for everyone to enjoy during my lecture. I had a really good time--as always , and cannot wait to return to San Diego! Good Luck and Happy Holidays to all the prospective FIDM San Diego students!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment